WP3 Developing methods to assess Patient Reported Outcomes of mhealth
WP3 is led by CERGAS Bocconi University, and it aims to develop methodologies and applications for assessing patient reported outcomes for mhealth. A dynamic approach will be adopted to develop a framework to create a novel and improved set of outcome measures to derive utility values that can be utilized within economic evaluations.
- To identify existing methods for outcome measurement that can be applied to mHealth in order to capture the main potential of mHealth to improve patients’ health and quality of life;
- To identify major theoretical, methodological and practical strengths and weaknesses of existing methods for the assessment of mHealth;
- To develop a theoretical and methodological framework for identifying measures and applications for assessing patient reported outcomes for mHealth;
- To test the developed framework and set of measures as well as the guidelines on how to use both;
- To develop policy recommendations on how mHealth can actually reach its potential in terms of reducing costs of healthcare services delivery and improving patients’ health outcomes, that can be easily and quickly applicable in different jurisdictions given the high level of generalisability that typically characterises the instrument
- A review and mapping of current methodologies for assessment of mHealth applications will be produced along with proposal for ways forward;
- WP3 will produce policy recommendations on how to assess outcomes associated with mHealth technologies, and policy insights on how mHealth can actually reach its potential in terms of reducing costs of healthcare services delivery and improving patients’ health outcome.